Tuesday, April 11, 2017

#10: Crack the Code

When using Excel in the classroom, I would most obviously be using Excel for grading, but I would like to be able to record hard data to measure the improvement of my students success -- perhaps by benchmarks or grades -- so that I could adequately present my productivity as an instructor. As an educational tool, I may use it to record data of student feedback. Perhaps a survey on our reading material for a High School literature course, which is my ideal situation.

In a recent review of classroom blogs, it has become more clear that what they think is most interesting, comes across the platform as being most interesting. A post about dogs? Love it. Your artwork? Love it. Organization in the classroom? If you're passionate about it, I will be too. The effectiveness of a post is in direct relation to a blogger's interest in the subject.

My next technology-related skill would be coding! I would love to learn more about it, and I am challenged by the fact that kids currently know more about it than I do! I would like to explore it as an outlet and see how it could be useful in the classroom later.

7 comments:

  1. I actually had to take a coding course for one of my high school classes, and while I don't remember a lot, I enjoyed doing it. It was crazy to see the skeleton of a website and create my own through just coding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, the posts where you could see the author's passion come through in their writing were always the most interesting ones to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh jesus. good luck with coding, i've heard it's hard. just out of curiosity: do you think you'll use coding as a future english teacher?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I chose to learn some coding next too. Be prepared for learning a second language basically.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a teacher I think it is very important to track the progression of a students academic process throughout the year, great job incorporating this essential component of being a teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have two favorite quotes:
    "to record hard data to measure the improvement of my students success"
    I like this one because you will be given a grade submission tool. But you express the choice to track improvement, which means you care about the kids.

    "A post about dogs? Love it. Your artwork? Love it. Organization in the classroom? If you're passionate about it, I will be too. The effectiveness of a post is in direct relation to a blogger's interest in the subject"

    You referenced your peer's specific blogs. You show caring and insight and memory. I agree. I want to ditto your comment.

    ReplyDelete